The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student education records and provides students the following rights with respect to their education records:
1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day the University receives a request for access.
学生应向注册主任提交, Dean, 系主任或项目主任, 或其他适当的官员, 确定他们希望检查的记录的书面请求. 大学官员将会安排, and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the University official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
2. The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the student believes is inaccurate or misleading.
Students may ask the University to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. 他们应该写信给负责记录的大学官员, clearly identifying the part of the record they want changed and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the University decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the University will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
注:FERPA不是一个成绩上诉法律. The right to challenge grades under FERPA is limited to situations where the grade assigned was inaccurately recorded.
3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosures 不同意.
FERPA允许大学披露记录, 不同意, 向下列各方或在下列条件下:
• 内布拉斯加州卫斯理大学 officials with a legitimate educational interest*
• Other schools to which a student is requesting transfer or enrollment
• Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school
FERPA permits the University to disclose educational record information to a student’s parent or 《正规的棋牌平台排行榜》 if the student is their dependent for federal tax purposes. (**见家长或第三方查阅学业记录)
FERPA also allows the University to disclose directory information without the written consent of the student. 目录信息 is information that generally would not be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. 内布拉斯加州卫斯理大学 has designated the following as directory information:
- Degree programs, certificate programs, majors, and minors declared at Nebraska Wesleyan
- Dates of attendance at Nebraska Wesleyan, enrollment status, and anticipated graduation date
Students have the right to withhold disclosure of this directory information. Students must complete the Request to Envoke or Revoke FERPA Block of Directory Information if they do not wish directory information to be released. 屏蔽您的目录信息确实有缺点. NWU cannot verify your enrollment to insurance companies or others that need enrollment verification. Potential employers cannot verify your enrollment or awarded degree which can slow the application and acceptance process. 如果你上了学术荣誉榜, we cannot publish your name on the NWU website or in hometown newspapers. 毕业的时候, your name will not be included in the commencement program and your name will not be listed in the newspaper with the rest of the NWU graduates. The directory information restriction remains in effect until you remove it though the above form.
学生可以将学术或财务记录授权给家长, 《正规的棋牌平台排行榜》, 或其他人士通过自助服务. The student can determine if they want to provide the person with access to student account (tuition and billing), 学生记录(成绩和学术信息), 或者经济资助记录.
FERPA requires the University to record the disclosure of information to third parties, 除了向学校官员披露, 与司法命令和传票有关的披露, 目录信息的披露和对学生的披露. 学生可以检查和审查这些披露的记录.
4. The 向美国政府提出申诉的权利.S. 教育部 concerning alleged failures by the University to comply with requirements of FERPA.
* A school official is a person employed by the University in an administrative, 监督, 学术或研究, or support staff position (including security and student health personnel); a person or company with whom the University has contracted (including attorneys, 审计人员, 收集机构, the National Student Clearinghouse); a person serving on the 理事会; or a student serving on an official committee or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.
所有学术信息都直接发送给学生. 因此, parents should establish communication with their sons and daughters if they wish to be informed about their students’ schedule and academic progress. 在FERPA, parents of Nebraska Wesleyan students may request in writing and receive their son or daughter’s grade information if the student has granted NWU authorization or after providing proof that the student is a dependent and is claimed as a tax exemption. Also, a student may grant a parent (or other third party) access to his/her academic and financial records through his/her Self-Service account.