Inaugural Golden Service Award honors collaborative task force
The 第九条-NCAA Regulations Implementation Committee was awarded Nebraska Wesleyan's inaugural Golden Service Award at the December staff meeting.
The Golden Service Award promotes Nebraska Wesleyan's core values by recognizing and rewarding staff and faculty working as a group and demonstrating cross-departmental collaborations, whose efforts and contributions as a group significantly exceed expectations in demonstrating or promoting one or more of those values: excellence, 文科, and personal attention to students, 多样性, 社区, and stewardship.
The committee was formed in June with a 90-day requirement to write and implement revised 第九条/NCAA regulations. The task force consulted with schools in the American Rivers Conference; assessed how to collect required information from students’ high schools and previous institutions; and reviewed and determined NWU databases that would best collect the required 第九条 and criminal background information and deploy the required information to the appropriate NWU personnel.
The work was completed in August in time for the fall sports season and was approved by the Board of Governors at their fall meeting in September.
This project was a significant undertaking on a short deadline. The task force embraced the core value of excellence as they worked to thoroughly understand, 定义, and implement the new NCAA regulations. 除了, the task force determined the university should go beyond simple compliance with the new regulations and take extra measures to gather the required information from students’ former high schools and institutions in an effort to keep the campus 社区 safe.
Members of the task force included:
- Kevin Bollinger, director of student integrity and campus 社区
- Jo Bunstock, assistant athletic director and senior woman administrator
- Jason Ensrud, head athletic trainer
- Brooke Glenn, assistant provost and head registrar
- Maria Harder, assistant vice president of human resources and head 第九条 coordinator
- Matt Miller, assistant director of admissions & athletic recruitment
- Natasha Moreno, deputy 第九条 coordinator
- Sara Olson, chief of staff
- Pat Pettit, professor of health and human performance and department chair
- Hunter Reeves, director of public relations
Congratulations to the 第九条-NCAA Regulations Implementation Committee and thank you for keeping our campus safe.